The Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest is delaying the opening of all recreation sites and not allowing camping or campfires until further notice. In addition, the Forest is implementing a group-size limitation of 10 people or less per group across the entire Forest. Last week, the Forest shutdown all restrooms and removed garbage receptacles at recreation sites.
The following are closed until further notice:
- All Developed Campgrounds
- All Day Use Areas (trailheads, picnic areas, boat landings, beaches and the Mountain Fire Tower)
- Lost Lake Cabins, Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center and Forest Lodge
- Dispersed (roadside/Forest) camping on the National Forest
- Trails (motorized and non-motorized designated trails)
- All restroom facilities
The General Forest remains open to the public including Forest Roads for hiking, biking and scenic driving.