ANNUAL MEETING JULY 15, 2017
CABLE COMMUNITY CENTRE
Board members present: Tom Johnson, Jon Nymo, Dave Berg, Terry Miller, Mike Yankee, Bill Hannaford, Ralph Owen ,Tami Rhodes
LOA members present 49
Meeting called to order by President Tom Johnson at 9:00 A.M.
Minutes from July 16, 2016 annual meeting reviewed and approved.
Bill Hannaford presented the Treasurer’s report and the 2018 budget. The Treasurer’s report and budget were approved.
Annual meeting speakers presented topics as follows:
– Dr. Randy Lehr- Update on Yellow Flag Iris, ordinary high water mark and impact of boat wake on lake shoreline and property, beach closure due to e coli at the campground.
– Dave Berg- Update on lake monitoring of landings, Midland Energy LP Gas and Mosquito Squad LOA purchase discounts.
– Gary Nei- Tom Johnson read a report on Lake Owen fishing written by Gary Nei.
– Ralph Owen- Update on the AED purchase and training.
– Terry Miller- updated on Social activities:
a. LOA picnic will be held July 15 at 5:00 PM. It will be catered again by Big Bud’s BBQ (pork, ribs and beans). Members are asked to bring a salad or desert to share along with their own beverages.
b. The LOA golf outing will be held at TOIX August 23rd, 2017. Start time at 9:30 AM. A $25 entry fee will be charged per golfer. Members are to contact Jon Nymo to register. The golf event is limited to a maximum of 40 golfers.
c. The fall raft up will be held in September with a date to be determined.
Nomination for LOA Board of Directors (3 year terms).
Tom Johnson asked for nominations from the floor and then for a motion to renew the board members whose terms were up (Jodi Pfaff-Gillman, Tom Johnson, Mike Yankee) for another three year term. Motion to reelect the three directors was approved by voice vote.
Meeting adjourned at 10:06 AM.