Lake Owen Association (LOA)
Annual Meeting July 16, 2016
Cable Community Centre
Board members present: Tom Johnson, Jon Nymo, Dave Berg, Terry Miller, Mike Yankee, Bill Hannaford, Tami Rhodes, Jodi Pfaff Gillman
LOA members present: 50
Meeting called to order by President Tom Johnson at 9:05 A.M.
Special recognition of Dr. Tim Louis by Bruce Hendry
Minutes from 2015 annual meeting reviewed and approved
Bill Hannaford presented the Treasurer’s report and the 2017 budget. The Treasurer’s report and budget were approved.
Annual meeting speakers presented topics as follows:
· Dr. Randy Lehr-Update on Yellow Flag Iris, high water impact on lake shoreline and property, and future lake management goals.
· Jodi Pfaff Gillman-Update on Act 55, shoreline zoning.
· Gary Nei- Fisheries report
· Dave Berg- Update on the Snowmobile trail, Lake monitoring on landings, Midland Energy LP Co-op and Mosquito Squad group purchase.
· Tom Johnson-presented information regarding group purchase of AED’s. Later, Dr. Rob Puls highlighted the importance of AED’s and CPR training for Lake Owen residents.
·Terry Miller and Jon Nymo- Social activities
a. Pontoon raft-up scheduled for Sept. 17 (rain date Sept. 18)
b. LOA picnic will be held July 16th at 5:00 PM. It will be catered by Big Bud’s BBQ (pork, ribs, beans and coleslaw). Members are asked to bring a salad or desert to share with their own beverages.
c. The LOA golf outing will be held at TOIX on August 24th, 2016. Start time at 10:00 AM. A $25 entry fee will be charged per golfer. Members are to contact Jon Nymo if they wish to golf. A minimum of 40 golfers.
Tom Johnson presented a motion to nominate Terry Miller, Bill Hannaford and Amy Louis for the LOA Board of Directors for a three year term. There were no other nominations from the floor. This motion was approved by the membership by voice vote.
Meeting adjourned at 10:43 AM